Guaranteed Replacement Cost Insurance Claim

Do you have some knowledge of a feature that most Homeowners’ Policies contain?

Based on the terms of the policy, I’m going to bet that you’ve already lost it, but I can help, and you can fix it!!

Okay, so the endorsement for the guaranteed replacement cost goes by a few different titles. However, the way it functions is that, in the event of a total loss, it raises the amount of coverage you have under your policy.

Therefore, the language to your right is taken directly from that State Farm policy. However, they will all end up being quite similar. And they state: “We grant this endorsement for an additional percentage of coverage in the case of a total loss.” Some are thus 20%. Several are 10%. Several are 50%. Some even have no limits.

The endorsement, therefore, reads as follows: “If you experience a total loss and the amount of coverage exceeds what you have, we will then multiply what you have by this percentage.”

So, in this instance, it states that an additional 10% of that coverage will be provided to you. Therefore, there may be a 20% or 50%, and so on.

However, suddenly, you say to add $500,000 to the insurance on Coverage A, which is the building it burned down, giving you either $550,000 with this endorsement or $600,000 with a 20% endorsement. You can understand how important this recommendation is from that.

But regrettably, it’s incredibly simple to lose because of the way the policy’s language is structured. Therefore, let’s discuss how you lose that.

Therefore, the most common way to lose it is by not having a reporting clause to maintain that endorsement.

As a result, that endorsement offers a lot of protection for a very small investment, as I previously stated. “If you notify us within 90 days of the start of any new building construction, costing $5,000, any expansions, or altering the building, which may raise their value by $5,000,” it further states.

In essence, it states that the endorsement is no longer valid if you make improvements to your home that cost more than $5,000 without telling them. As a result, the entire supplementary coverage portion is eliminated.

So, to review, you have an endorsement that offers you $100,000 in extra coverage in the event of a catastrophic loss. The policy also states that you will lose that endorsement if you make improvements to your property worth more than $5,000 throughout the coverage period without telling them.

Therefore, the solution is to ensure that you have informed your insurance provider of any upgrades you have done that will

You may now go back in time and say, “Listen, I read my policy today.” I see I have this clause, and I want to be sure you understand I renovated my kitchen and bathroom, increasing the value of my property by $30,000 in the process.

Your base coverage and premiums will be somewhat modified.

So, if you have that 500, they might suddenly raise it to 530. But that also results in maintaining that extra endorsement.

Therefore, if you have 20% coverage, you will have coverage for $106,000 from 530 and another pick-up. By telling the insurance company that you’ve made some significant improvements, you’ve already safeguarded it.

In a total loss catastrophe, it is a significant portion of your insurance, let me tell you that much.

But I can tell you right now that practically everyone will claim, “Hey, I just installed a new kitchen, I just did that,” when the house is destroyed by fire. and they all claim that you don’t have the extra 20, 30, 40, 50, or even 100% coverage.

So kindly inform your insurance provider of any property improvements to ensure that they are covered.

Your one-year period will start over from the day that you straightened it up when they send you a fresh statement. That should be helpful, and I hope you preserve your guaranteed replacement cost coverage since it is an endorsement

We hope you learned some useful knowledge. We would like to let you know that we also offer yearly property inspections, policy reviews, and any other type of insurance-related communication you might require. The National Claims Representative can be reached by calling 312-883-2064 or sending an email to


Scroll to Top